Excitement and adventure fuel this excursion! Embrace the hidden gems off the beaten track of the Algarve. You’ll make your way up through the hills, crossing streams and meadows as you pass in...
Excitement and adventure fuel this excursion! Embrace the hidden gems off the beaten track of the Algarve. You’ll make your way up through the hills, crossing streams and meadows as you pass in a convoy of 4x4 jeeps. Catch glimpses of barely touched scenery as you cruise around the landscape. Forget the map – you’ll be taken through unmarked roads, like dirt tracks and trails, where you’ll come across dainty villages, all in traditional style. You’ll catch wafts of rich herbs and plants when you stop to admire at the staggering views, so you’ll really get a feel for the local area. Eucalyptus and cork trees are native to the region, so keep that camera handy. On the trip, you’ll also stop to visit a medronho distillery – this famous tipple’s particularly strong! You’ll learn about how honey is made in the original way, and eat a typical Algarvian lunch in a nearby restaurant.
Duration: 6 hours
Available from Quarteira to Burgau
Included: Visit to a distillery with Medronho (fire water) tasting and lunch
• Not wheelchair accessible
• Baby seats available
• Not recommended for travellers with back problems
• Not recommended for pregnant women
• Not recommended for people with heart problems or other serious medical problems
• Most travellers can participate
• This experience requires a minimum number of travellers
• This tour/activity will have a maximum of 32 travellers